Saturday, December 20, 2008

Well, I've finally jumped in and started a blog. I am planning on posting regularly, showing some of my jewelry and sharing some of my learnings, struggles and musings about being a jewelry designer, especially trying to run a small business in this economy. My jewelry is mostly made with semi-precious gemstones, freshwater cultured pearls, and sterling silver. I've been working with sterling wire more and am loving how it feels to work with wire. I would say that I am still a newbie, but there was a time when it all seemed new and anxiety provoking. I suspect with time my technique will continue to improve and I will expand what I do. I have a long list of techniques that I want to learn - from more advanced wire work, to PMC (precious metal clay) and if I manage to get a kiln, lampwork and dichroic glass making. There never seems to be enough time to get to it all. I maintain my own website (www.magicalbeadstalk.com), take all my own photographs, and create all the pieces myself. Add to that the marketing and networking pieces, and it is not difficult to see why I have little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment