Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Somedays I Hate the Website

I spent most of the day yesterday posting earrings to my website. I finally got through all the ones that match necklaces, but none of the ones on my 4 earring racks (each of which hold 70 pairs). I don't think those will ever make it to my website because of the amount of work it takes. Plus I am not thrilled with how they look. I seem to love everything posted on the website having consistency - which doesn't work with the earrings - whaa! I never thought of myself as being so obsessive but I sure am when it comes to my business. Some of it's a good thing, like wanting my pieces to look just right and to know that the jewelry will hold up well for years to come. But there are other aspects to my business that aren't so great, like obsessing about how my earrings look on the website, or how to learn html code to have a spot for people to sign up for a newsletter, and of course how to make my business profitable enough so that I can stop worrying about money. All these huge issues can keep me awake at night. As if I didn't have enough problems already! I will say, though, that I still would not want to be doing anything else. I love how I feel when creating, and I appreciate the wonderful community of beaders that I've gotten to know - I am so fortunate.

1 comment:

  1. I think your site looks great. But it's always a work in progress, isn't it? I can't fathom having a whole site, I barely have time and energy and photographic ability to get things in my Etsy store.

    ReplyDelete